Profits From Prints
Many Internet service providers and email providers have filtering systems or mail blocking in place to protect you from unsolicited or unwanted email. Unfortunately, these same systems often prevent email that you want to receive from reaching you! “Whitelisting” our email addresses will ensure that the email you have requested from us will reach you. Please follow the instructions below for your required email client.
Generally, all you need to do is to add the following email addresses to your address book: email@example.com
- Add the “From address” you want to receive mailings from to your AOL address book:
- Click the “Mail Options” menu and select “Address Book”.
- Inside the “Address Book” window, click the “Add” button.
- Inside the “Address Card for New Contact” window cut and paste firstname.lastname@example.org into the “Other E-Mail” field.
- Make our From address the “Primary E-Mail” address by checking the associated check box to the right of it.
- Click the “Save” button.
- If the mailing is in your SPAM Folder, you can open the email and click the “This Is Not Spam” button.
- Add the From address you want to receive mailings from to your Gmail Contacts List:
- Click “Contacts” along the left side of any Gmail page (you may need to click on the word ‘GMAIL’ to access the pull-down menu).
- Click “Create Contact”.
- Copy and paste email@example.com into the primary email address dialog box.
- Click “Save”.
- If the mailing is in your SPAM folder, check the box next to the mailing and click the “Not Spam” button along the top.
- Add the From address you want to receive mailings from to your Hotmail Safe List:
- Open your mailbox and click “Options” (upper right hand corner) (you may have to click on “More Options”).
- Click the “Junk E-Mail Protection” link.
- Select the “Safe List” link.
- Copy and paste firstname.lastname@example.org into the dialog box titled “Type an address or domain.”
- Click the “Add” button next to the dialog box.
- If the mailing is in your “Junk E-Mail Folder”, open the email and click the “Not Junk” button.
- You should also check that the mailing’s email address is not in your Blocked Senders list. You can find your Blocked Senders list by following the directions above and going to “Blocked Senders List” instead of “Safe List”. If you see the mailing’s from address on this list, select it and click the Remove button.
- Add the From address you want to receive mailings from to your Thunderbird Address Book and configure your Junk Mail Controls to white list your address book.
- Add an address into your Personal Address Book:
- Click the “Address Book” button.
- Make sure the Personal Address Book is highlighted.
- Click the “New Card” button.
- Under the “Contact” tab, copy and paste email@example.com into the Email dialog box.
- Click “OK”.
- White list your Personal Address Book:
- From the main drop down menu, select “Tools -< Junk Mail Controls…”
- This will launch the Junk Mail Controls window that has two tabs: Settings and Adaptive Filter
- Under the Settings tab, update the “White Lists” module by selecting Personal Address Book from the pull down menu and then check mark the box next to “Do not mark messages as junk mail”.
- Click “OK”.
- If the mailing is in your junk folder, right-click the mailing and choose “Mark -< As Not Junk”.
- Set up a filter to redirect the mailing you want to receive into your inbox: From the Edit drop down menu, select “Message Filters”.
- Click “New”, and give the new filter a name (e.g. “Whitelist”).
- Change the drop down on the left to “sender” and the one in the middle to “is”.
- Copy and paste firstname.lastname@example.org into the box on the right.
- Make the bottom two drop downs “Move to folder” and “Inbox”.
- Click “OK”.
- Make sure that your new filter is located at the top of the Message Filter list so it is run before any spam filter.
- Add the address you want to receive mailings from to your Safe Senders list:
- On the Tools menu, click “Options”.
- On the Preferences tab, click “Junk E-mail”.
- On the Safe Senders tab, click “Add”.
- In the Add address box, copy and paste in email@example.com and click OK.
- If you are using a different version of Outlook you can add the mailers From address to your Address Book. This can be done by opening the email, right clicking the From address, and selecting “Add To Contacts”. You can also access your Address Book via the tools drop down menu.
- Set up a filter to redirect the mailing you want to receive in your inbox:
- Open your mailbox and click on “Mail Options” (upper right hand corner).
- Select “Filters” under the Management column.
- Click the “Add” button on the Filters page.
- In the “From header:” row, make the drop down “contains” and put the mailer’s from address firstname.lastname@example.org in the box.
- At the bottom of the page Click the “Choose Folder” pull down menu and select “Inbox”.
- Click the “Add Filter” button.
- If the mailing is in your Yahoo Bulk Folder open the email and click the “Not Spam” button. You should also check that the mailing’s email address is not in your “Blocked Addresses” list. You can find your “Blocked Addresses” list by clicking “Mail Options” and then clicking the “Blocked Addresses” link under the Spam column. If you see the mailing’s from address on this list, select it and click the “Remove Block” button.
The most common way to whitelist an address is to add it to your address book, white list, or safe list. There is no universal way to whitelist an address, so if this is not an option, you will have to consult the help section associated with your email application. They should have instructions on how to whitelist an address there.
If you are using spam filtering software, you should also enter the above email address into your filtering software whitelist, according to the specific instructions for the software you are using.
Unfortunately, even after whitelisting it is sometimes necessary to use a different or new email address to ensure you receive everything you need to. If you haven’t received our welcome email we suggest you get a free gmail or googlemail account (we use these and haven’t had any problems). Please try to avoid using a Hotmail or Yahoo email address because they block far too many emails. You can get a free gmail or googlemail (they’re the same – the name they use depends on the country you’re in) from http://mail.google.com/mail/signup
Copyright © Profits From Prints. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by WishList Member - Membership Software